Powered By Blogger

Search This Blog

Hey all!

Welcome to my blog!
I made this blog to talk about my thoughts and feelings about publishing, as well as my book called "That Day In September." You can check it out at: globalagepress.com. I am a senior and I'm looking for a job in the publishing world. if anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

Wednesday, January 27, 2010

What friends have in common....

Hey again,
Today was a relatively boring day, I didn't do much at all, except for walk my chihuahua Gucci of course ;)
I went to my friend's house tonight and we started talking about my book, when all of a sudden, she told me that she published 2 books of her own! Let me tell you, this girl is very very talented, so I wasn't THAT surprised, but seeing the books in her house made me realize that I'm not the only writing freak around, hehe.
I really enjoyed our conversation tonight; we spoke about the publishing process and our experience as authors. We spoke about the Penguin recruitment event as well and both of us had very different views about the company and publishing in general.
Seeing her published books makes me even more determined to get mine out there, but it's just so hard. Someone has to literally fall in love with your book, and only then does it have a chance of getting published.
Like I told all of you before, it's all about determination; you gotta know what you want and that it is achievable!

Wishing you all a good night!
Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment